Thursday, March 1, 2018

Aoshima Lamborghini Diablo GTR

It's been a while but I've made some more progress. I've been working on another commission build while waiting for the Blu Monterey paint to arrive from Gravity Colors. This is a brand new paint that they were able to obtain, package and bottle at my request, and also seems to be a popular Lamborghini color so I'm sure it will sell well.


The undercoat has a pretty cool shade and has very very small metallic flakes. This is a two part pearl paint that has a violet metallic undercoat and a clear blue mid coat. I will eventually cover this with 2K clear. The end result will be a deep metallic blue with hints of purple. This is actual automotive paint and is of extremely high quality and sprays perfectly. I can't recommend Gravity Colors enough.



Here's the body after the base coat.


Unfortunately when I was rotating the car during my spraying session I accidentally knocked the right rear corner in to my spray booth and rubbed off some paint in the process. I was able to sand it down to the primer in preparation for a re-coat. 


After the re-coat. It's not 100% smooth but I will probably sand it down carefully, then apply the mid coat, and then clear coat. It should hopefully disappear by then.


While the body is drying I will focus on finishing up the last few bits. This includes the doors, brakes, exhaust, window trim, wheels, headlamp assemblies, and mirrors. I hope to have this completed in a week or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment