Sunday, February 18, 2018

Aoshima Lamborghini Diablo GTR

Here's a build update on the Diablo GTR. I've been working on completing the chassis, engine and cockpit while I wait for the custom blue paint from Gravity Colors to become available.

The engine has been mounted and given a wash with thinned Tamiya semi gloss black acrylic.




The brakes haven't been added at this time. They're plated in chrome which I am attempting to strip. Aoshima's chrome so far has been resistant to concentrated bleach and 91% alcohol. I may end up using oven cleaner.

The cockpit has been mostly completed. I used Tamiya light sea grey for the dashboard and seat, and added a little flat black to the top part of the dash. To replicate carbon fiber I mixed Tamiya X32 titanium gold with Tamiya X18 semi gloss black to a 1:3 ratio.



The engine bay/surround has been added. I also painted this in the aforementioned mix of X32 and X18 and added some bare metal foil to the coolant hoses. I also installed the exhaust headers. They were sprayed with a mixture of Alclad 2 pale gold and steel.


Here's the engine bay with the body test fitted. It's shaping up nicely! There is some debris on my iPhone camera lens, so don't mind the black spots.



By the next update I should have most of the build finished save for the body. I'm still waiting on the paint from Gravity Colors, but hope to have it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment