Thursday, February 8, 2018

Tameo Larrousse Lola LC89 Lamborghini

I recently completed my first 1/43 white metal Formula 1 kit, Tameo's Larrousse Lola LC89 Lamborghini. I was always interested in trying out a 1/43 metal kit and happened to see this listed on eBay for a pretty low price, so I decided to pull the trigger.

This will be a brief post because I didn't take too many progress pics, but there was a lot of prep work involved. Metal files are a must, as well as CA glue.

Here is the model in its raw kit form.


Sanded and filed away the excess metal and applied primer. This is Duplicolor sandable white primer straight from the can. 



Sanded down some imperfections and airbrushed Tamiya royal blue acrylic. I let this dry for a few days before applying decals.


Decals applied. The green red and yellow are all decals. The green portion of the nose was actually airbrushed Tamiya park green because the decal was damaged, but it's a close match to the green on the cowling.


I airbrushed Gravity Colors 2K clear after the decals dried for a few days. I love this stuff!



I didn't take pics of all the other components in progress, but here's the finished product. I added a 1/43 scale photo-etch harness. Unfortunately I lost the decals for the red on the front wing so I painted this in Tamiya red instead. It's not a perfect match and I may decide to mix up a lighter shade and repaint it at a later time. Or I will apply the decals if they happen to magically show up.







1 comment: